Translate

Wednesday 29 August 2012

Pre-Flight Prep

Before piggies' big flight to GA, I prepped them so that they will look presentable when Cindy and Bill see them.

Cindy is hesitant to do this by herself. I hope these step-by step pictures will help. If not, it is just lovely to see those cutie pies. 

The steps to cutting the nails of these tiny rodents:

First: Put pig in a confortable position. Make sure it is not squirming.

Second: Firmly hold on the tiny paw because pigs usually withdraw when the nailcutter clips.

Third: Snip small bits of nail. Better to cut less than too much.

The back legs are harder. I find it helpful to position my pig like this. Einstein feels safe under my arm, warm and dark.

Can you see that expression on his face? What do you think he was thinking?

Another good position. Just like dogs, crotch-sniffing tends to engage them :)

Always hold the foot firmly and use your arm to lock it to your body while clipping.If the pig moves, you can easily cut too much and cause the nail bed to bleed.

Darwin is a lot easier to cut because his nails are lighter in colour.

He was nervous so he started sniffing, looking for something to chew.

Darwin chewing on the sequin sewn on my trousers.

Hope you like these. More to come.

Sankissjuice

7 comments:

  1. We never knew they would need their nails clipped......ignorant or what are we? Have a great Thursday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I never knew this too Molly!!! Oh take care! We hope you have safe trip!

    Huggies and Cheese,

    Haopee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea they needed their nails clipped too....learn something new everyday! BTW -- I am happy you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea that they needed their nails trimmed.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm good about having my nails done. How do the piggies feel about it?
    Luv,
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never even thought about having to cut the little piggies nails. Mom wants to know if you will come her and do ours. You seem to have it down pawfectly.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, a manicure, huh? We never knew! You were a very good mom!

    Your friends,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete

Please do not post any comment which may be offensive or upsetting to others. This blog is intended to be a fun & happy place for readers.

All wagging tails, purrs, pee mail, paw prints, and you-know-what- sniffing are condoned!