Translate

Wednesday 26 September 2012

Sasa's Story


Meow, meow...this is MY story. I know my brother has bored you with his tale of woes and the history of his awful name.


Now, it is my turn. I promise my story is ACTUALLY interesting.

        My lovely mummy found me starving outside her office one day, close to 5 years ago now. She just came back from her vacation in Greece and fell in love with cats. Greeks love their cats!

      Pegasus was the kitten who changed her entire stereotypical mindset about cats and he was rescued by her friend. Pegasus was found stuck under a car engine, meowing for his life. 
Pegasus when he was just a kitten

           When my mum saw me, she thought of Pegasus and how sweet that cat was. She took me home to feed me. Then, she up notices all around the area because I was wearing a very nice collar, so probably someone's pet, she thought. But no one ever called to claim me (whisper: I was naughty. I ran away from home and some stray knocked me up!). I don't even remember my old house anymore.

When I was a kitten and I ONCE owned that CUTE PINK bed.

         My first few days in my new home, I had to endure a lot of negative comments and insults from my grandparents. They really did not want to keep another four-legged creature. They complained that my poo poo and wee wee stank to high heavens. And that I was shedding all over the house. To make matters worst, my big bully brother was so territorial and mean. 

Don't let that face FOOL you. He is a BIG BULLY, a real ALPHA Male.
         Honestly, listening to negative comments and dealing with all that hostility from them were as bad as being thrown down a rubbish chute. At least Verdell probably got a thrill out of that ride down the condo's rubbish chute.

Melvin Udall hated Verdell in the beginning of the movie.

See that look on Jack Nicholson's face? That was exactly how my granddad in particular was behaving towards me. 

Cold, distant and devoid of Love. 

      Gradually, I worked my charm around the home. Without realising how it happened, one day my grandmum just noticed my granddad voluntarily going to the night market to buy me fresh fish and preparing my meal (freshly cooked fish) every afternoon. It's like Verdell getting good quality bacon from Melvin.

He just dotes on me! Yes, spoilt me rotten. Our relationship evolved into this:

My granddad and I are just like that

      When he stays up late to watch football (aka soccer in North America), I would curl up very close to him and kept him company. When he goes to the toilet, I would rush inside to spend some quality, alone time with him. Granddad uses his feet to tickle my belly and I'll have the time of my Life. Whenever grandmum and granddad call my name, I would run really fast towards them, no matter how far I have wondered away from home. 

The way their faces light up when they see me is just like this:


My life now is really As GOOD as it GETS and I am a VERY happy cat! 

Meow,
Sasa

PS: Maybe, just maybe, my life can be a tad better if they get rid of THAT dog. Thank you for reading my story. I will reveal Blogville's DIVA badge tomorrow.

Rich Boy: Sis, do you know what my favourite line in that movie is?

Sasa: "The best thing you have going for you is your willingness to humiliate yourself???" MOL!!!

Rich Boy: Haha, very funny. NO! It's this:

"Receptionist: How do you write women so well?
Melvin Udall
: I think of a man, and I take away reason and accountability."

BOL! BOL!

As Good As It Gets is probably one of my favourite romantic comedies. I have seen the movie like 87 million times, with and without commentaries on, with and without subtitles on. I don't know anyone who does not like this movie. If you have not seen it, PLEASE get your arse out there and rent/buy that DVD. Actually, I think I am going to watch it again, right now.

Again, I am taking this opportunity to promote CL's blog. It is all about movie reviews, usually bad movies, if you are into that kind of stuff.


8 comments:

  1. Wow Sasa you landed on all four paws in your new forever home. Nice to read your autobiography. Well done all. Have a terrific Thursday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you hit the jackpot of a good home. They almost always come around and love us.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo Sasa Furst for finding the PURRRRRfect HOME and Second fur Writing this super account of how you... made that HOME... YOURS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, what a sweet story! My grandpa didn't really like animals at first, but he's come around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful heartfelt post. Meow does mean I love you for certain.
    Thank you for the badge we'll be back tomorrow.
    hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sasa that is a lovely story and I am glad things worked out good for you. Mommy loves that movie also.

    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love happy endings! Thanks for sharing your sweet story!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely story Sasa! Thanks for shring it =^.^=
    Purrs
    P.S.: My human loved this movie too!

    ReplyDelete

Please do not post any comment which may be offensive or upsetting to others. This blog is intended to be a fun & happy place for readers.

All wagging tails, purrs, pee mail, paw prints, and you-know-what- sniffing are condoned!